St. Stephen's Cathedral is the tallest building in downtown Vienna; however, the church that stands today was rebuilt after World War II. Originally there was a church on this spot beginning in the 11th Century but was removed in the 14th century when the present day church was constructed. Completed in 1511, the church stood until 1945 when it was reduced to ruin during bombing raids over Vienna. Rebuilt in under 7 years, the church retains much of its original architecture.
Georgia to Georgia Photo Blog